Thursday, July 9, 2015

Throwback Thursday - Starved Rock Hiking Day

This post has been sitting in my drafts folder for over a year. I thought it would be fun to go through some of my old draft posts and see what is still worth posting about. This was a really fun day and Patsy has grown up so much since then, I thought it would be fun to reflect.


Have you ever been to Starved Rock? If not, I highly recommend you do so. It is an absolutely beautiful place with lots of fun walking trails if you want to do something different than a usual long run weekend. (Although these trails are not advised for your rest day.)


I recently took a trip there with my husband, Patsy and his family for Easter. It was absolutely beautiful. The sun was shining and the temps were perfect for a nice spring hike. I really wish I would have worn my Garmin to demonstrate the elevation changes throughout the park. There were some steep uphills and some steep downhills.












We left the stroller in the car for obvious reasons. We brought a carrier but she really wasn't digging it. Chris and I took turns carrying her. She was barefoot because this was long before she could walk. She was around 7 months old. 

Starved Rock really is quite beautiful. I hope to make it back again for another hike sometime soon! Maybe in the fall when it won't be so hot.

2 comments:

  1. If I've been there, it was a LONG time ago so I don't remember it at all. Derek and I have been wanting to go but haven't yet. I'm bugging him so hopefully soon. Our weekends are just so busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys should go in the fall or spring. On hot summer days, it can be a bit much and maybe not as enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete