Thursday, December 18, 2014

Things I'm Loving Lately

So I've kind of been a terrible blogger. I'm not really typing much these days and I'm not really reading many blogs these days either. Work got extremely busy, chasing a toddler around is increasingly difficult, and there are plenty of other excuses. In light of a deep and thoughtful post, I'll just write about a few of my favorite things these days.



Oiselle Lux Layer Side Zip Top
It is no secret that I run for Oiselle. One of my favorite items from last winter, that they also have available for this winter is the Lux Layer Side Zip Top. It is thinner for days when it isn't so cold and perfect for layering on days when it is cold. It isn't a super tight fit so it is flatter to the figure. It doesn't ride up while you're running either. The wider neck and zipper option allow for my neck to breathe (not cutting off circulation which is a plus). I have it in 2 colors and might get even more. If  you don't already own this top, I highly recommend you put it on your Xmas list or Treat Yo Self to it. I just bought one for my cousin for Xmas and I convinced my friend Amanda to buy one too. It will be worth it, I promise!



Serial Podcast
Today is the last episode of this Podcast. I became addicted to it late in the game. I'm sad that the podcast is over, as I still have so many questions. I've never been one to use Reddit, but I find myself headed down that rabbit hole to find more information about the case and potential theories. I don't want to release any spoilers so I'm not going to say anything else about it. There will be a season 2 that won't be anything like season 1. Don't worry Sarah Koenig, I'll be listening in.



Gilmore Girls
Yeah, I know I'm SUPER late to this train, but I never watched this show when it was on. Why? Because I'm insane, apparently. I'm having so much fun binge watching this show! Who will Rory end up with? Who will Lorlei end up with? I've made it this long without reading any spoilers so I'm excited to see where the story takes me. I'm already to Season 3 and have loved every minute. I think this is one I'll be watching with Patsy in the future.



Source
The Pioneer Woman
She has a show on Food Network that I'm completely obsessed with. I've convinced my mother in law and my husband's aunt to start watching her show and they are hooked as well. Simple, delicious recipes that aren't tricking us into eating healthy. Real butter, homemade ranch dressing, and lots of skillets. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!



Source
Dunkin Donuts Egg and Cheese Wake-up Wrap
On the weekends I'm usually pretty busy running errands, grocery shopping, Christmas shopping, going to the bank, etc. I'm usually gone for most of the day on Saturday and/or Sunday. To go with my coffee, I'm usually looking for something quick and simple that won't be 500 calories and sit like a rock in my stomach. I know this is super lame, but I heard Angi Taylor on 103.5 in the morning talking about how she has one of these for breakfast and I figured I'd give it a try. For only 150 calories, this is actually pretty filling and will hold me off for a little while. I mean, I know this is definitely not "clean eating." The American cheese is a little gross (yet also melty and delightful) and it is the full egg (yolk and all), but if you're looking for a clean eating blog or healthy living blog, you've come to the wrong place. This weekend if you're out running errands and you need something on the go, I recommend this wrap. Oh, and the $0.99 price tag doesn't hurt either. This is not an ad for DD. I have not be compensated in any way for this text. All views and opinions are my own.

What are some of your favorites? Any shows on Netflix I should add to my list?

9 comments:

  1. I just started watching Gilmore Girls and I'm completely hooked! I think I might watch Dawson's Creek next. That will bring back a lot of memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched every single episode of Dawson's Creek religiously when it was on. They were a year ahead of me in school so obviously it mirrored my life completely. I've been hesitant to watch it again as to preserve its essence of perfection in my mind. But, then again I pretty much forgot what happens (except I remember who Joey ends up with) so maybe it is worth another run through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie @ Live Half FullDecember 18, 2014 at 8:21 PM

    So many of these things are my obsessions too- Gilmore, Serial, Pioneer Woman! I also really love The Lively Show podcast lately. Oh- and FYI Gilmore Girls gets better as you go on too, I like the college years the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Serial is on my list and I love Gilmore Girls! Have you watched Felicity? I found it a couple of summers ago…it's a fun one to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to check out The Lively Show. I've been looking for another podcast but I haven't found one that I like yet. I've just started the college years and I already like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went through a Felicity phase but I never finished the series because I never wanted it to end!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had that egg wrap before and I think it's pretty good. I usually just get it when I was running late and didn't grab anything for breakfast before work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha that is usually when I have it too. Which sometimes is more often than others!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ricky Albert DangananFebruary 19, 2015 at 5:50 AM

    Thank you so much for joining! Your blog has been already accepted. Since you put the widget, your blog will be automatically included to the top food blog list. Your recipes will also be featured on our fan page these coming days. You will not have to add the widget yourself as our system index them for you through the rss / feed of your blog.

    Again thanks so much and if you have any request or want a particular recipe to be posted, don't hesitate to reach me! =) =)

    Best Regards
    Ricky

    ReplyDelete