Wednesday, June 5, 2013

It's Ragnar Relay Time!

As I may have mentioned a long time ago, I signed up to be part of a Ragnar team with some of my pals. Then, life happened and I got knocked up. (I mean that in the most loving way possible.) I was able to find a replacement runner to fill my spot and I opted to be a driver instead. So, instead of running through the darkness while being eaten by mosquitoes or running across an un-shaded trail in the heat of the day... I'll be trying not to get lost while driving around my pals from exchange to exchange (in an air conditioned minivan)!

Our team is comprised of 9 ladies. There was a great article about our team (that can be found here) including some stats on the runners. Our team name is American Sweathearts (get it, "sweat"hearts). I am driving the Lady Liberty Mobile and our other driver (named Sam) will be driving the Uncle Sam's Van. Yes, we are getting that creative. Our team colors will be red white and blue so I'm really excited to get patriotic this weekend!

Here is a quick glance of the gorgeous ladies (and drivers)!

Several of the team members are bloggers and you can check out their blogs below!


We have some amazing sponsors (including Oiselle & Haeleum) which I'm sure you'll be hearing all about along all the typical social media channels (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook) if you follow along with our weekend hashtag:

#AmericanSweathearts

The fun starts Thursday night when we drive up to Madison, Wisconsin with an early morning start on Friday!

17 comments:

  1. Ahh! You are all going to have so much fun! I can't wait to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm very much looking forward to it, with none of the nerves... because I'm not actually doing any running! Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda - TooTallFritzJune 5, 2013 at 1:22 PM

    Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It took me a bit to figure out the sweet/sweat thing too. Thankfully I figured it out before I told Haleum to print up our shirt logo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful time! I can't wait to read all about it! It took me until reading this post to notice the "sweat". I kept reading it as "sweet"! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I don't think you're the only one to make that mistake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a blast and have a boatload of fun! And remember that dunkin donuts glazed donut sandwich will be calling your name post race :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! Friday IS national donut day. I think it is my obligation as an American to celebrate as such. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I probably won't see you guys out there, but if you see the Be Fido's Friend van, that's my team!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I see a Be Fido's Friend van, I'll be sure to beep the horn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katie @ Live Half FullJune 6, 2013 at 10:39 PM

    Have fun! Find a donut tomorrow out there, it's national donut day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, thanks! I didn't end up getting a donut on Friday, so I was happy to have gotten one on Thursday. :)

    ReplyDelete