Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Sports Bra Problems

Last year I invested in some nice sports bras. I got some sturdy Moving Comfort and supportive Nike ones. Now, however, I'm having some issues. I went along and got pregnant :) and the boobs are now getting larger. Even though I'm only 14 weeks along, things are already ticking upward. I'm popping out of my normal bras and all those nice bras I bought last year are just barely fitting. When I went for my run today, things were moving more than I normally like.

So now, I'm stuck on what to do. Do I continue to invest in nice bras as I continue to get larger? Or is there another, less expensive option? Mamas out there, I need your help! What do you do to keep the girls in place when you're continuing to grow... I've also thought about getting some cheaper bras and doubling up with a shelf bra tank? Any help or ideas would be appreciated!?

5 comments:

  1. I'd go cheap/double up as much as you can manage, just to avoid having to buy new expensive sports bras, or worse yet, maternity bras. I went to a maternity store with a girlfriend this winter, and that's the exact advice that the shopowner (who sells maternity bras) gave her. I think her logic was that you'll probably have to buy new bras after you have your baby anyway, especially if you're considering nursing, so this would minimize the damage on stuff that you probably won't be able to wear very long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still think you should do pin-up photos while you have this nice big rack :) Just pick poses that don't show off the baby bump, unless you're into the whole "sexy pregnancy" thing =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. True, that is a good point. I know that each pregnancy is different too so what works this time around won't necessarily work next time around... FUN TIMES!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha... that is an intriguing thought... These things are getting pretty huge. I will need to start buying new bras soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for these tips! I was hoping to get perspective from someone that has gone through it. Looks like I'll be doubling up for my run/walking excursions! :)

    ReplyDelete