Friday, February 8, 2013

Fashion Friday: Closet Consultation with Erin @ Loop Looks

I got my first real job downtown about 6 years ago (yikes, that's a long time) and I would like to say that I've gotten my own sense of style over the years. However, lately I feel like I've been in a bit of a clothing funk. I don't like to spend the money on clothes that I used to so therefore, I have very few new pieces in my wardrobe. The same old outfits are worn time and time again and I'm getting ultra bored with my wardrobe. In lieu of starting over from scratch, I thought it would be a great idea to have a closet consultation with none other than Erin at Loop Looks! I've known Erin for about a year now.
After lunch at Native Foods Cafe with Kim and Erin

Erin and I finishing strong at Zooma Great Lakes

I love her blog posts, especially the way she solicits ideas from readers while putting together new and interesting outfits. I was absolutely ecstatic at the idea of her coming to take a look at my drab wardrobe. 

We started looking through some sweater and pants combos, perfect for the current temperatures. I had some burgundy pants that I got from Loft that I wasn't quite sure what to wear with them (top and middle row, middle photos) and now I have quite a few ideas!

I have a skirt that I got on clearance from J Crew that I absolutely love but it is too long. I never thought to get it hemmed until now! I'm looking forward to wearing it in the spring, after I drop it off to the seamstress first...

Erin was also able to work in some fun spring looks as I brought out some floral skirts and dresses, as well as my baby blue pants (bottom row).  She also gave some great tips that I plan on incorporating in the months to come. (She also helped encourage me to get rid of a pair of gauchos that I had been holding on for way too long. Remember gauchos? The pants that look like a dress/skirt? Mine were from the spring of 2007. YIKES!)

I kept bringing out things I didn't wear and Erin always had an outfit in mind with the items I had. I mean, she really has a talent for this stuff! I'm so glad she has a fashion blog (in addition to her running blog) so I can follow along and maybe come up with some decent ideas on my own. If you are feeling tired and bored with your wardrobe (which seems to happen more often in the winter), I would highly recommend a closet consultation with Erin! Thanks again to Erin for coming all the way to my neck of the woods, giving my wardrobe a breath of fresh air and a fresh set of eyes! Pepper loved having you too. :)

Now that I have some actual ideas on outfits, I may be doing some more "Fashion Friday" posts! That is, on weeks where we don't wear jeans every day (like this past week). Have you ever had someone come over to help you with outfit suggestions? I did this a lot in college and when I had a roommate. But these days, not really. I was happy for the advice and help!

15 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!! Those outfits look great-you'll have to post some pics of you wearing them now!!

    I just scheduled my closet consultation with Loop Looks and I'm REALLY excited...except now I have to make my closet look somewhat presentable if she's gonna be all up in it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what you guys did with your colored pants - I'm often at a loss there, so I never buy any (though I did have a baby blue pair several years ago that I loved, but could only think to pair black and white with, so they got donated).

    I've been following style blogs for a few years, so I was happy to add Erin to my reader to find even more inspiration :) I actually used to co-author a work style blog with a friend of mine, so I'm pretty much set on office style. But now that I only go to my office 2 days a week, I'm a total loss for how to dress the rest of the time! I could probably stand to not wear sweats all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need an "Erin" in my life... since I work at school.. usually it's jeans or yoga pants. I can get away with this for another year before I get a "real" job lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is great to have lots of tips in mind and some staples when you buy clothes after you land your first job. Enjoy the yoga pants and jeans phase while it lasts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking outfits! I don't have anyone come help me because really...I just need ALL NEW CLOTHES! So maybe when I get $1,000 to spend at the store...she can just come to the store with me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray!! Again, I'm so happy this was helpful for you and that you are looking forward to wearing these outfits. I, for one, would love to see photos of the outfits in action.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! I love looking at fashion blogs and pinterest for ideas on how to put stuff together. I often get ideas from there that I can incorporate into my own wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! I am excited to see your Fashion Friday posts! Erin really helped me out when she came over last year for my closet consultation. I still look back at that post from time to time for ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha... It really is all about ideas. If you have some good, steady staples, there is a lot to build off of. I've been riding the cardigan train lately as they are just so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will try to remember to take more photos of my outfits! Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, agreed. I haven't found a ton of fashion blogs, but then again I haven't really been looking for them. I love when folks incorporate staples with a few statement pieces for pizzazz... something that I could re-create even with my sometimes blah style! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hehe, I must step up my game a bit if I'm going to be photographing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally stalk Erin's pinterest for fashion ideas :) Somehow, i usually screw it up in the application though. Looks like you have some way cute outfits ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fun!!! I can't wait to see these outfits! And also, I really need to do this!!!

    ReplyDelete