Thursday, December 27, 2012

2012 Goal Assessment

Looking back on my goals in 2012, there were some successes and some not-so-successes. Some goals were much more attainable than others. I also did some other things that I hadn't planned on doing. One of the things I love about having a blog is the ability to reflect on what I've done in the past year, weeks, months, days, etc. :)


Goals for 2012:
1) Complete my first trail race -- I didn't really seek out many trail races. There were a few that came up but it was during my crunch time while studying for the exam. I still would like to complete a trail race so this may cross over to be a 2013 goal.


2) Complete 12 races in 12 months -- DONE. I actually ran 17 races in 2012. Holy smokes.


3) Finish a half marathon in under 2 hours -- DONE! Chi Town Half Marathon 4/1/2012



4) Complete a 5k in under 23 minutes (current PR is 23:03) -- DONE! Sheryl's 5k 4/22/2012 and the Old Plank Trail 5k 10/6/2012



5) Run at least 650 miles for the year (keep track with Daily Mile) -- DONE


6) Cross train with weights and cardio 4x per month -- This was a tough one. I did cardio cross training about 2-3 times per month and I haven't done weight training in about 3 months. I feel hard off this bandwagon while studying and I'm looking to get back on track for 2013.

How did you do with your 2012 goals? Were you able to accomplish everything you set out to do? Coming soon, new goals for 2013!! :)

18 comments:

  1. You had a great year Kelly! Can't wait to see what you have planned for 2013! I'm still working on mine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a wonderful year! I have a feeling 2013 will be even better for you.

    Trail races are sooooooo fun! I plan to do a few next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like an amazing years and way to tackle those goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much! I am hoping that 2013 will be even better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to the Chilly Challenge to start things off strong in 2013! Looking forward to your goals post as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on your goals Kelly!! Well, some goals of mine were attained and some were not but when you set goals in the beginning of the year, it's inevitable that things have to change and you have to adjust a little!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did awesome! Especially with your time goals! I hope you do get to try a trail race next year!!! :)

    I did not accomplish my goals. I think I will not set any for 2013... as I suck with goals. Ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Britt @ Chicago Runner GirlDecember 27, 2012 at 11:48 AM

    Looks like you rave better in the spring/fall. I did NOT come even a teeny bit close to meeting my goals for the year, and I think that's okay. If every goal we all set out to complete were that easy to meet, than out bar is set too low.

    2013 will be an amazing year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely am interested in running a trail race or two. I have trail shoes that I've never really used on a trail before! Hopefully that will change in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't even notice it until you said something, but it looks like my PRs took place in the spring and fall months. I agree that not every goal should be easy or else life would be boring! :) I'm looking forward to 2013 as I continue to learn so much about myself as a runner with each run, race, new running friend, and experience. I'm hoping to throw some of my self-doubt out the window and believe in what my body can do beyond what my mind thinks it should. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Agreed! I know I can't meet every goal but it was exciting to see what did happen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girl, you are SPEEDY! Congrats on your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice and congrats! I'm still working on the sub-2 hour half, getting closer... :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice job on your goals! My major goal for 2012 was to get through the year without a stress fracture (I had three in 2011) and with only a few more days left I think I'll make it! Hoping to run a few more races next year than this year and get a PR or two!

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Paulette! I think you can totally do it in 2013. You had some major PRs in the 2nd half of this year. Go Team Oiselle!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on a stress-fracture free 2012! That must be a pretty amazing feeling after what sounds like a not-so-fun 2011. Cheers to a great 2013 to come! :)

    ReplyDelete