Friday, November 2, 2012

Running Friends are the Best

When I posted a few days back about my love for all things pumpkin, reader and running group friend offered to make me some pumpkin bread. Of course I accepted this offer but the kind of forgot about it. Thankfully, Julie didn't forget and she came to our group run last night just to drop off the loaf of deliciousness. She said that it is some powerful brain food, and I gotta admit that I agree. This stuff is amazing, so.... special thanks to Julie for baking me a special load of your amazing pumpkin bread.

I know I've said this before, but I feel really luck to be a part of such a great running group. If you haven't joined one, I highly suggest you do so! There are several resources online to find running clubs in your area, but your best bet is to try a local running store as they probably have fun-runs on location.

In other "racing" news, this weekend I will be running the Hot Chocolate 15k. I did the 5k last year and the course was long but I really loved the course (you ran through the streets of Chicago). This year they changed the course, expo location, and added an extensive corral system. Maggie did a post awhile ago about "I love your race complaints" and I've gotta say that I've been loving the "complaints" on the Hot Chocolate Facebook page. This is a big downtown Chicago race. If you don't live in Chicago, expect to be inconvenienced. I won't re-hash things she may have previously mentioned, but you should check it out. I'm interested to see how this race pans out with all the changes they continue to make each year. Maybe eventually they'll figure it out?

12 comments:

  1. What could be better than pumpkin bread? ICED pumpkin bread! Lucky girl. Enjoy the race!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gotta love RAM for all the awesome race complaints they inspire. although, based on their history, some of the complaints are well-deserved. (like the ones based on their terrible logistics or the fact that they ALWAYS OVERSELL THEIR HOT CHOCOLATE RACES.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Hot Chocolate! I have never run it, but am excited about running downtown 4 weeks after the marathon. It's a tad expensive, but I guess I will see if it is worth it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy B @ Second City RandomnessNovember 2, 2012 at 2:48 PM

    Yeah... I've been noticing the comments go through on facebook. Not going to lie... I'd probably be a little annoyed at the lack of help they've got in packet pick up. Sounds sorta nightmarish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd be SUPER PISSED if I had to wait 3 hours to pick up a race bib!! In the cold, no less!! I feel really bad for everyone waiting in that line. And thinking about all of the races I've done this year with big crowds (Shamrock Shuffle, Rock n Roll, Chicago Half and the marathon), I never had to wait in any lines to pick up my bib. RAM Racing really has no clue what they are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in Corral B (I assume you're in corral A). The Bloggers are doing a pre- and post-race meetup. Will you be joining us?

    https://www.facebook.com/events/374836499261848/

    ReplyDelete
  7. AGREED... This might be the last year I do it, honestly. This is part of the reason why I haven't signed up for other Ram Racing events. I just don't want to support an organization that doesn't know how to properly put on a race...

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds absolutely awful and very poorly organized. Ram Racing certainly will have a lot of bad media out there after today... And saying "the race will be worth the wait" just isn't going to cut it...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember reading someone's race report from the DC race, and in response to valid concerns over parking/etc on their FB page in the days leading up to the race, RAM's only response was "race day will be worth it!" And sadly that race was a massive failure. Obviously they haven't learned.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, corral A. I will be driving down with some neighbors. If I can convince them to leave earlier, I will try and make it pre-race meetup. If we get there late, I will likely just go to the post-race meetup. See you Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG Kelly, I keep laughing looking at that picture!! Yahoo!!! My pumpkin bread is practically famous!!

    ReplyDelete