Monday, May 21, 2012

Pre-Work Workout

Thursday afternoon I left on a flight to Nashville and didn't get home until last night. It was a fun time with lots of great stories, good restaurants, and too much alcohol. Lol. I wasn't able to fit in my long run because we had so many activities during the day, everyday. I was going to go last night but I was so exhausted from the long weekend that I thought what's the difference between Sunday night and Monday morning? So I got up this morning at 4:30 and got in 6 miles. I haven't done a pre-work run in MONTHS and I have to say that it felt good. I'm happy to be done with my workout for the day. When do you like to run? Before work? On your lunch break? After work? Before bed? Am I missing another time frame?

Today my train ride into the loop was quiet with much less passengers than usual. Due to the NATO Summit, lot of people were encouraged to work from home. Also, it turns out that no one is enforcing the Metra restrictions on this train. I wish I would have known that beforehand. I would have grabbed a coffee. First world problem.

I'm still recovering from the weekend so I'll leave you with this pic.... :)
Yee hawwww

10 comments:

  1. wow, 4:30 is early! I love early am runs, but i usually get to sleep in until 5:30 or 6 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I normally get up at 5:45 and I knew I HAD to do 6 miles. I just got up, grumbled, and got it done. Leaving when it is dark out and seeing the sun come up can be surprisingly motivating while out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4:30?!? I cant imagine getting up that early for a run! My legs would certainly not cooperate :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy you had a good time! I love working out before work! I like to get my runs done early. But I am starting to do them after work too :)

    I think it's really funny that people think 4:30 is early! When I work downtown and run before work I have to get up at like 3:00! That is just stupid though. ;)

    I can't believe they did not enforce the stupid Metra rules after everyone freaked the eff out about them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strangely, I can get up and meet people for a run that starts at 7:00 AM and I can get up and meet people for a race carpool that leaves at 5:30 AM but actually getting up and running on my own before work? Never happens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only work out before work if I have to - if I have stuff to do in evening and can't move my run to another day, or it's going to be dangerously hot & humid later in the day. Otherwise I just run after work. But I don't have kids or many other priorities in the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since I hadn't run all weekend, they were actually excited to go. My first mile was a little slow (as they were waking up) and then I fell comfortably into my usual pace. I didn't like getting up in the 4's and I wouldn't mind doing it again if I actually got to bed by a respectable hour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to run before work all the time when I lived in the city and "early" was 6:30am. Now, I get up at 5:45am every day just to get to work ontime so my pre-work workouts barely ever happen. I liked getting it done early, but I don't think this will become my routine. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks!

    Oh man, don't even get me started on Metra! I was so mad! I mean, why have rules if you're not going to enforce them. I get it, but it was like instilling panic when there was nothing to be worried about. Just a big inconvenience for those that actually followed the rules....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I get bored running after work all the time so I've been working out on my lunch break a lot. Although, now that we're busy, I'm always running at night as that's the only time I'm free. Maybe once I have kids some day, I'll do more morning workouts as I'll want to spend evenings with the family. I guess we'll find out eventually!

    ReplyDelete