Monday, February 13, 2012

Sunday Runday

Yesterday my running club was meeting bright and early, but I decided to go out on Saturday night and sleep in on Sunday. As the temps on Saturday were freezing, we still ended up getting in some miles (1.8), running to and from the bar. (No, I'm not joking.) I still wanted to get in some miles and planned on going out while it was still light out. Being the procrastinator that I am, I left my house at 6, while the sun was already setting. I did my normal 5 mile loop and the pup went with. For those of you that haven't run with a dog before, here is my normal view.

After our 5 mile run, you'd think the dog would be tired, right? Nope, she still wanted to play fetch with her favorite toy ever, the tennis ball. I think that means that she can go on longer runs. Maybe next time we'll try for 6! I was happy to stop home briefly after 5 miles to peel off a layer, charge my phone, and say bye to Toph before he headed to the gym.

I had wanted to do 8 so I headed back out for 3. In my head, I kept thinking that I should do 9 instead as I've hovered around 8 for quite a few weeks now. Instead, I went out to the 2 mile marker before turning around and heading home. I had negative splits on the last 2 miles as I was excited to be finishing 9 miles and exited to be finishing period. I whipped up a quick dinner and we watched the mid-season premiere of the Walking Dead before heading to bed. I'm not quite sure where the show is going, but I like it.

Training officially starts this week for the Southwest Half Marathon on May 6. However, I've decided I'm doing the Get Lucky 21k so the training is going to be a little mixed. Meh, I'll figure it out! :) In other news, I finally have the results of my laundry detergent tests and I will be posting later this week.

6 comments:

  1. hahaha dog runs are so funny. Rex used to be like that but now when we get back he lies down for a massage....yep he likes to get stretched out too

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Get Lucky 21k!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excited to see your Laundry detergent results!! :)

    Also, I'll be at the Get Lucky 21k too! yippy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm signing up when I get paid! Pretty pumped about it. I haven't completed a half marathon since 2008! :)

    ReplyDelete